Sunday, March 14, 2010

Retin a help!?

ok well i have been using retin-a .04 for 2 months i get results but they only last about 3 to 4 days then i get whiteheads on my cheeks and they get bigger and turn into pimples.





i wash my face 2-3 times a day for about 15 min with really hot water to open my pores then i put on neutrogena with spf in the morning and retin a at night...but i only put on a lil because it will dry my face and make it peal off...what should i do???!





i mean iv used it for 2 months and i get no results :[





and if my skin is cleared it only clears for a bit...





and if i stop using retin a it will cause my skin to break out


and if i use it it will dry my skin!








what do you guys recomend?!
Retin a help!?
I have used Retin-A before and have found that it will dry out your skin for the first few months of using it. You should consider this natural and just wait it out. You also have to remember that it is pulling the bacteria out from underneath your skin and any blemishes that were already building are going to come up with the Retin-A. I would say that in 6 months you should be getting really clear skin and good results. Also remember to drink lots of water and keep your hands clean in case you touch your face. Ask your dermatologist what he recommends for a nighttime moisturizer to help with the drying. I think if you have used it for 6 months and are not getting results, you should change the prescription. There's more out there than just Retin-A. My doctor also had me take an antibiotic (Amoxicillin) twice a day but I don't recommend this because you don't want to take an antibiotic for long periods of time or else it will adapt to your immune system and if you ever really need one, it won't work for you.





Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Skin & Body Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting